Wednesday, August 27, 2008

That’s what Bob said.

Ah. My first blog entry. I’ve been mulling over what to write about, concerned about what people might think about my posts, afraid I’d offend someone. Then, I had a conversation with some co-workers. Not about blogs, but about listeroisis. According to the wisdom that abounds in the office, only people with AIDS or old people will die from it, so it’s not a big deal. At least that’s what Bob said. Well, what actually happened is Randy repeated this malarkey to a group of us and then, when we gasped, he qualified the statement with, ‘That’s what Bob said’.

That makes all the difference.

Gawd.

Bob’s good friend is an FBI. A Fucking Big Indian. Bob was once convinced that a construction job wouldn’t be complete on time because ‘where the hell can you find 20 wops in the middle of July to pour concrete?’ At the beginning of summer and the summer student hire, Bob came to my cubicle to ask ‘Who is the tall blond with big boobs?’ I told him her name is Elena. ‘And the short brunette with big boobs?”. “That’s Patricia”, I replied.

Sadly, the general consensus in the office is that Bob is probably one of the few gentlemen in this place.

Even Bob would say that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bob likes boobs. Nice.

Unknown said...

Well, I'll be. I'm speechless. But I have to write something in this "Leave your comment" box now that I've started. I love your blog! You have such an original style. Succint. Just enough details. The characters are interesting and 3-dimensional. And the story is accessible without being cliche or hackneyed.
DON'T STOP WRITING!
Donna